Super Bowl XLVIII is almost here and as we prepare for this year’s big game, we thought it would be fun to take a look at Super Bowl history!
Whether you are throwing a party for the big game, couchgating with friends or heading to your favorite sports bar these fun facts will impress your peers.
Last year during the Super Bowl we watched…
51 minutes of commercials
34 minutes of darkness during the Mercedes-Benz Superdome black out
16 minutes of actual play
12 minutes of Beyoncé performing during the half time show
Did you know…
The only Super Bowl to not sell out was the 1st one in 1967!
9/10 of the most watched TV events in the U.S. have been Super Bowls!
$2.01 billion was spent on Super Bowl advertising in the last decade!
The Super Bowl is America’s second highest food consumption day after Thanksgiving!
48 million Americans will order takeout or delivery.
(Don’t be part of this statistic and check out this recipe for Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Pizza Sticks!)
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Pizza Sticks
- 1 (13.8 oz) roll Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust (Substitute 12 ounces of refrigerated pizza dough)
- 3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce (look for “wing sauce” not “hot sauce”)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (Optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Then, spray a baking sheet (with sides) with cooking spray.
- Form pizza dough into a 15-inch by 10-inch rectangle (this doesn’t have to be exact, just close). Place dough onto baking sheet then bake for 8 minutes.
- While the pizza crust bakes, add buffalo wing sauce and shredded chicken to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Evenly spread the buffalo chicken over the baked pizza crust then scatter the cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese and half of the sliced green onions on top.
- Bake pizza 6 to 10 minutes until cheese has melted and starts to bubble. Scatter remaining sliced green onions on top. Then, serve and enjoy!
Watch Peyton Manning & the Denver Broncos take on Russell Wilson & the Seattle Seahawks during Super Bowl XLVIII!
Sunday, February 2nd at 6:30pm on FOX.
For more fun facts about the Super Bowl, check out Yahoo’s Super Bowl XLVIII, by the Numbers!
Post created by Sarah W.