I’m sure you’ve made caramel apples in the past by simply melting the pre-made caramel cubes from the candy section of the store, but believe it or not, making them from scratch is almost just as easy!
I have found a fool-proof recipe for some delicious caramel apples…
- ½ cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 14 oz of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 10 to 12 medium sized apples
- Candy thermometer
- Wax paper
- Popsicle or craft sticks
- Prep your apples by washing them thoroughly to make sure any wax coating is removed. Insert sticks into top of apples.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add the brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil (approx. 10-12 minutes).
- Stir in milk. Cook and stir until candy thermometer reads approximately 230-250°; remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Dip each apple into the caramel mixture; turning it to coat fully.
- Place caramel apples on wax paper to cool.
You can always add some flare to your apples by dipping the apple into your favorite crunchy snacks! You must do this while the apples are still warm.
You can dip them into just about anything—here are some great ideas: chopped nuts, crushed cookies, sprinkles, marshmallow, crushed candy bars, chocolate chips, pretzel pieces, etc.
Once they are cool, you can drizzle chocolate on top too.
Visit SmartConcierege on Pinterest for more fall recipe ideas!
Post by: Ashley M.