Now that you have visited the Apple Orchards around the area, you probably have more apples than you know what to do with. Here’s an easy recipe that will help you use up some of your apples. Your house will end up smelling like cinnamon apples!
Ingredients (Makes 12 Muffins):
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup finely chopped apple
- Mix the toppings ingredients together and set aside. It should be a crumbly mixture.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the dry muffin ingredients together (flour, sugar, baking powder and salt).
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl (egg, milk, canola oil and apple).
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir just until both ingredients are mixed. Do not over mix.
- Fill the muffin cups about ¾ full. Sprinkle with the toppings mixture.
- Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
Didn’t make it to the apple orchards yet? Check out our Fall Farm Guide for apple orchard, pumpkin patch and farm recommendations in your area!
Want more recipes for your leftover apples? Visit SmartConcierge on Pinterest!
Post by: Sarah W.