Baseball season is FINALLY here and we have a great recipe that tastes just like the pretzels you can get at the ballpark.
My sister and I learned this recipe back in middle school in our Home Economics class and have been making them for our family ever since.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1/4 cup PLUS 2 tablespoons very warm (not hot) Water
- 1.5 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup flour
- Salt (I like using Sea Salt)
- Combine yeast, sugar and water in large bowl and stir til combined
- Gradually add flour and stir as much as possible, then knead into a ball for about 5 minutes
- Cover with a tea towel and allow to rise at least 1/2 hour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Shape dough into pretzels and place on greased cookie sheet
- Brush with egg wash (egg whites and a little water) and sprinkle with salt
- Bake 8-10 minutes
- Serve warm!
Yields 6 pretzels depending on your size preference. I recommend doubling the recipe to make sure there’s enough to go around.
I’m a huge fan of dipping them in mustard. Also try melting some butter and mixing with cinnamon sugar to baste on top of the pretzels when they’re fresh out of the oven.
Happy Baseball Season!
Post by: Kristen H.