Earth Day is coming up on April 22nd, so we have rounded up some great ideas for implementing eco-friendly initiatives in the office!
- Purchase bus tickets or bus passes for your employees or arrange an office-wide carpool day. You even could give awards to those who participate!
- Skip the morning traffic jam and get a free workout by riding your bike to the office. Most office buildings provide a space to store and secure your bike.
- Replace any standard light bulbs with eco-friendly bulbs.
- Add more recycling bins—people are more likely to recycle with more stations that are easily accessible!
- Replace office paper and paper towels with paper products made from recycled material. Or try to be paper free for the day!
- Encourage employees to power down equipment and turn off lights at lunch and at the end of the day.
- Raise money to donate to a local environmental group. Consider having the company match employee donations!
- Encourage employees to bring a “waste free lunch” with reusable containers, recyclable utensils, etc.
- Screen a film during lunch which addresses issues about the environment. Documentary (i.e. An Inconvenient Truth), nature (i.e. Planet Earth), or fiction films (i.e. Avatar) are all great ideas!
- Start an EcoTeam or committee by bringing together interested people on Earth Day—perhaps have them teach a workshop to the others!
- Organize a community service initiative to clean up a local or highway.
- Purchase reusable grocery bags for the office. Contact your concierge for imprinted options!
- Host an e-cycle drive to donate any old electronics, machinery, ink, etc.
Contact your concierge to donate ink and toner cartridges!
However you decide to get involved, you contribution will not go unnoticed!
Don’t forget to ask your concierge about our Green caterers!
Post by: Ashley M.