With summer finally cranking at full blast, it is time to set up that out-of-office reply and hit the road for a few days! We have compiled a list of our most popular concierge travel tips to remember before you hit the road or the airport.
If You are Flying:
- Invest in a good neck pillow for longer flights. Nothing says “Welcome to Your Vacation” better than a sore neck!
- Pack a scarf. An air travel essential, a scarf is accommodating when you’re in a cold airport, and can be used multiple ways once you reach your destination.
- Apply for Global Entry (for International Travelers). Global Entry is a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers upon arrival in the U.S. That means no more long lines!
If You are Driving:
- Plan your route ahead of time. Visit freemaptools.com before your adventure, for a comprehensive list of tools and map resources online. Concierge Kristen says, “My favorite tool is the ‘How Far Can I Travel’ tool. You type in how many hours you want to drive from where you’re starting and will show you all the areas you can get to. Something fun if you just want to randomly travel one weekend!”
- Remember to pack your phone charger. Especially if you are renting a car, a phone charger is an easy essential to forget.
- Bring a spare car key. Just in case one gets locked in the vehicle!
- Fill up on gas during the week. Since gas prices rise on the weekends, make sure you fill up during the week to save on gas.
When You Pack:
All you have to do is remember one simple rule: less is more!
Following the less is more method, here are a few travel size products to make your packing easier and your trip more enjoyable!
- Tempur-Pedic Travel Set: Includes mattress overlay and travel neck pillow.
- Travel Bag: TSA compliant with 11 assorted containers
- Ricardo Beverly Hills Travel Organizer: Includes detachable toiletry kit, jewlery pocket, and plenty of room for all your toiletry essentials
- Itzy Ritzy Sealed Wet Bag: Reusable bag to keep your clothes protected from your liquid items
- Ziploc Space Bags: 11 piece travel combo set to include 5 suitcase and 6 carry on bags
- Vapur Foldable Water Bottle
- Travelon Inflatable Portable Hangers
- Samsonite Garment Steamer: mini size & perfect for your suitcase
- Digital Luggage Scale: be sure to check the weight of your bag before you hit the airport to avoid fees
- Viatek Personal Bladeless Fan
- 3 Fl Oz Size Travel Products
Check out these stores for some more great travel-friendly items!
Post by: Allie C. & Elise D.